Friday, 20 July 2012

PJ Gilligan's Dry Goods & Mercantile Co.

The boyfriend took me to a most delightful place last weekend – an 1860s general store! This place is a fantastic visual study. This would have been the perfect spot to do an illustration assignment back in university! So many interesting things.





I am trying out posting this on a schedule, so by the time if you read this (if it works) I will be on my way to my next adventure! Lately I've been doing more sewing than drawing – but still plenty of design work. It's a nice change, and actually a really nice break to learn something 'new'. And still more adventuring...
Have also been using pinterest as sort of a gathering place to imagery I like, very convenient to me as I am never on the same computer or on my phone when browsing these days. What a nice and busy summer!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a really neat place! I post all of my bloggy stuff on a schedule - it makes updating regularly much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was!
      I think I will definitely try to utilize the schedule...that way stuff isn't all piled up for when I have time to post! :p

      Delete
  2. Hello! I just left this place. Had a nice visit with Mr. Gilligan. This was my first visit to the store. I gotta say, when I first walked in, I was a little thrown off. I didn't expect it to be so 'period'. I mean, I felt like I was back in the 1890's! Your pictures are lighter and brighter. As I entered the store, Mr. Gilligan was just starting a fire in the wood stove. You could see our breath as we talked. Very nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm so glad you were able to visit this place. It's really neat you found this post after your visit!
      Kelly

      Delete